Unlike new construction, retrofits present unique challenges to the designer and installer. Marrying modern equipment to portions of systems left intact and originally designed with different criteria can be wrought with performance problems if careful consideration is not placed on how components perform together.
Nathan will discuss a number of his retrofit jobs and share the “must knows” as well as “tips and tricks” from his experience:
– Do I really need to do a heat loss when I have the old boiler
to size off of?
– Most of the new high efficiency boilers modulate so how can I miss?
– Is low fire low enough?
– How to determine actual system performance?
– How will the heat know where to go?
– What can be done to help overall system efficiency when upgrading the boiler?
– Can pump performance change after a retrofit?
– What special dirt issues to look out for?
About our Guest Speaker
Nathan White and his father have been installing hydronic radiant heating and baseboard systems for 37+ years. He is currently employed with White's Plumbing and Heating – a family run business located in Kenai, Alaska. Nathan has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology and an A.S. in Automotive and Machinery Technology from LeTourneau University in Longview, Texas. In 2011 Nathan was selected as Lochinvar’s Installer of the Year and recently won the Lochinvar’s VIP Installation Showcase for December, earning a trip to Nashville.
Why not join us at this month's Coffee with Caleffi webinar by registering today?
All Coffee with Caleffi webinars are free.