Easton, Pa. — Victaulic introduces Victaulic Tools for Revit, an innovative Autodesk® Revit® MEP add-in that increases drawing productivity, solves troublesome pipe routing problems and enables the creation of construction and fabrication documentation within Revit. Victaulic Tools for Revit allows users to route pipe twice as fast and increase efficiency and productivity.
The productivity tools within Victaulic Tools for Revit allow users to design virtual, intelligent models with all mechanical or pump room details in half the time compared to current routing techniques within Revit. The enhanced routing and editing tools enable the creation of complex piping systems with fewer clicks. Features that increase routing efficiency include:
• Pipe Splitting: Automatically splits pipe into predetermined minimum and maximum lengths and joins the pipe sections with the specified coupling as the user routes.
• Rotate Selection: Rotates selected portions of the model at a specified angle within the 3D view.
• Resize Selection: Changes the size of all components in a selected area with a single click.
• Delete Pipe: Deletes a selected pipe and connects the system fitting to fitting, while ensuring proper connection points.
• Pipe/Custom Tagging: Automates tagging, placing custom tags on pipe and components within the model.
• Family Lookup: Exports and imports lookup tables being used by the currently open family.
• Directory Lookup: Scans family directories and imports and exports all lookup tables within all families.
Victaulic Tools for Revit makes fabrication possible within Revit, while increasing productivity. Users can create construction details and fabrication drawings, including labor estimates and manufacturer information, without the need to switch software. Features that improve efficiency in the fabrication process include:
• Create Assembly: Creates seamless fabrication assembly documents of the piping system, ensuring all nested families are correctly brought into the assembly and eliminating the omission of loose parts. Ortho and plan views for spool drawings are available.
• Procurement Tool: Automates the bill of material creation for a selected pipe spool.
• Fabrication spool sheet creation from 3D view.
Victaulic Tools for Revit features an intuitive, user-friendly interface that simplifies training and usage for both new and experienced Revit users. The add-in works in all views, comes preloaded with more than 100 Victaulic product families and template designs, and allows users to route with Victaulic as well as other manufacturers and joining technologies.
For more information about Victaulic Tools for Revit, to purchase the add-in or to download a 30-day free trial, visit www.victaulicsoftware.com.