New affordable, efficient heating and cooling options to support the growing demand for heat pump systems now available
RunTru, a brand that delivers dependable, cost-effective HVAC solutions, and Ameristar, a brand known for providing affordable year-round indoor comfort, have announced the launch of their respective 15.2 SEER2 Side-Discharge Heat Pump Systems, new options in value-oriented heating and cooling equipment. The new low-profile heat pump systems offer the perfect solution for homeowners who need to install their HVAC equipment between zero-lot-line homes, on balconies or under decks. In addition to being energy-efficient, sleek, and quiet, the RunTru and Ameristar low-profile lineup provides exceptional value.
Today, homeowners have an ever-growing need for compact, budget-friendly HVAC systems that can be installed in locations where space is at a premium. As the brands’ newest offering, the RunTru and Ameristar 15.2 SEER2 side-discharge heat pump systems bring two firsts to the brands’ lineup – they are the first side-discharge options, providing the compact size and installation flexibility that dealers, distributors, and homebuilders need. The units are also the brands’ first inverter-driven heat pumps, delivering energy savings and increased indoor comfort for customers at an affordable price point. As part of a complete line of RunTru and Ameristar products, the side-discharge heat pump systems offer a new option to compete in the value space.
“We are thrilled to introduce our new heat pump system that offers exceptional efficiency and sustainability. Our team has worked tirelessly to develop a product that not only meets, but exceeds industry standards, providing our customers with a reliable and cost-effective solution for their heating and cooling needs,” said Erin Smith, product marketing manager for RunTru and Ameristar ducted solutions. “We believe homeowners deserve quality and affordable options and based on the durability and reliability of both the RunTru and Ameristar brands, these new heat pumps set the stage for the future of sustainability.”
A few advantages for dealers and customers of the RunTru and Ameristar side-discharge heat pump systems:
- Environmentally Conscious: Aligns with federal, state, and municipal electrification incentives through tax rebates and credits. Where eligible, homeowners may be able to save even more on their investment.
- Quiet Efficiency at Budget-Friendly Price: With sound levels as low as 50 dBA, the RunTru and Ameristar heat pumps offer minimum ratings of 15.2 SEER2 and 8.1HSPF2 – delivering energy savings and exceptional indoor comfort.
- Compact Size for Tight-Space Installations: Sleek, clean design makes a perfect fit for zero-lot-line homes, on balconies, under decks, and other tight areas.
- Multiple Configurations: 7 high-efficiency, inverter-driven heat pump models ranging from 1.5-ton to 5-ton, which can be paired with 4 multi-tap ECM air handler options.
- Cold-Weather Performance: Low-ambient operation down to 5°F offers a solution for a wide range of climates.
- Smart-Home Ready: 24V thermostat control is compatible with any 24V thermostats and optimized for 2-stage thermostats.
- Confidence: Registered warranty includes 10-year parts and compressor coverage.
Due to their high efficiency operations, the RunTru and Ameristar 15.2 SEER2 side-discharge heat pump systems can also qualify homeowners for tax credits and rebates based on the Inflation Reduction Act. This bill includes clean energy tax credits and other relevant tax incentives that homeowners can benefit from when they make green upgrades, like qualifying high-efficiency HVAC systems.