Refrigerant lines are push fit into Quick Connect fittings within seconds without brazing, flaring or expensive crimping connection tools
RectorSeal®, Houston, a leading manufacturer of quality HVAC/R equipment, has added the Quick Connect push-fit, flame-free, refrigerant line brass fitting system to its PRO-Fit™ tools and accessories product line for the North America and Australia markets. Quick Connect is the new generation of refrigeration pipefitting designed for ductless mini-split and ducted unitary single-family residential air conditioning systems. It’s the HVAC/R industry’s only refrigerant fitting system not requiring flaring, brazing or expensive crimping connection tools.
After cutting, deburring and marking for proper depth, the refrigerant line installation requires less than five seconds to push into the fitting until the depth marking appears in the sight glass. Each Quick Connect fitting port consists of a patented factory-assembled tight-fitting double O-ring, protector, grip ring and an endcap–none which the installer needs to address.
No special tools are required except for a reusable, inexpensive support kit that’s sold-separately and consists of a universal five-diameter pipe depth marking tool and five sizes of horseshoe-shaped release clips that disengage a connection within seconds.
Quick Connect comes in five fitting types–union, 90° elbow, reducer, 90°elbow reducer and socket–and the four most common lineset diameters of 1/4-inch (6-mm), 3/8-inch (9-mm), 1/2-inch (12-mm), and 5/8-inch (16-mm). Quick Connect also includes 3/4-inch (19-mm) and 7/8-inch (22-mm) sizes, but only for union and 90° elbow styles.
Quick Connect is UL certified and third-party tested under UL 157, UL 203, UL 250 and UL 1963. Passed test conditions include long-term helium leak, vibration, burst pressure, tensile strength, reusability, salt spray, fatigue, chemical compatibility and six other reliability tests. Quick Connect fittings accommodate system pressures up to 870-psi and are designed for both HCFC and HFC refrigerants–R-22, R-410A, R-744, R-134a, R-407A, and R-507.
Other Quick Connect features are:
- Double O-rings’ leak-resistant elastomeric materials are specifically designed and third-party certified under UL 157 test standard for minimal shrinkage (less than one percent) and swelling in R-410A/POE oil refrigeration systems;
- Service valves (1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 5/8-inch) are available on an OEM basis;
- Reducers and 90° elbow reducers step down from 5/8 to 1/2-inch, 1/2 to 3/8-inch, 3/8 to 1/4-inch line sizes;
- Ideal for copper as well as coated aluminum refrigerant lines;
- Separate depth marking and release clip tools are available for each the 3/4 and 7/8-inch diameter fittings.
- A four-color 14 (w) x 8 (d) x 8 (h)-inch (35.5 x 20 x 20-cm) wholesale counter display where contractors can push-fit a pipe into a fitting and use the release tool to disengage it;
- The 26-sku system is packaged in individual cardboard hangtag see-through bags;
- Five-year warranty;
For more information on Quick Connect or other PRO-Fit and RectorSeal products, please visit www.rectorseal.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 800-231-3345.