Las Vegas — Three top plumbing apprentices received awards in the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors–National Association (PHCC) Educational Foundation’s Plumbing Apprentice Contest, held on October 17 in Las Vegas, Nev.
The Foundation’s Plumbing Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee members were on hand to set up and judge the contest, which was a highlight of the PHCC–National Association’s CONNECT 2013 Product & Technology Showcase.
This year’s awards went to:
- 1st Place – Curtis Bruington, Central Texas Plumbing Solutions, Waco, Tex.
- 2nd Place – Cameron Lange, Lange Plumbing, Las Vegas, Nev.
- 3rd Place – Jason Robertson, Mike Tilton Plumbing, Shreveport, La.
Foundation volunteers operating this year’s event included:
- Laurie Crigler, L & D Associates, Inc., Aroda, Va.
- Steve Dzieminski, Stephen Dzieminski Plumbing, East Windsor, N. J.
- Rich Kerzetski, Universal Plumbing & Heating Co., Las Vegas, Nev.
- Harold Moret, Copper Development Association, Sarasota, Fla.
- Dave Parney, Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute, Mundelein, Ill.
- Jim Steinle, Atomic Plumbing, Virginia Beach, Va.
- James Walls, Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute, Garland, Tex.
- Luke Westman, Westman Plumbing, Inc., Aitkin, Minn.
The event was made possible by the following generous industry sponsors:
Headline Sponsors: A. O. Smith Water Products Co.; BrassCraft Manufacturing Co.; Channellock; Copper Development Association, Inc.; Delta Faucet Company; RIDGID; and Viega, LLC.
Contestant Sponsors: A. O. Smith Water Products Co.; KOHLER Company; Legend Valve; and NIBCO, Inc.
Additional prize and materials sponsors included: Atomic Plumbing; Bemis Manufacturing Co.; BrassCraft Manufacturing Co.; Caddy; Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute; Charlotte Pipe & Foundry; Copper Development Association; Delta Faucet Company; KOHLER Company; Legend Valve; Milwaukee Electric Tool Co.; Mission Rubber Co.; NIBCO, Inc.; Oatey; RIDGID; Rothenberger USA; Saniflo; Sioux Chief Manufacturing Co.; Tyler Pipe; Universal Plumbing & Heating Co.; and Wheeler-Rex.