Three top plumbing apprentices received awards in the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors–National Association (PHCC) Educational Foundation's Plumbing Apprentice Contest, held recently in Philadelphia, Pa.
The Foundation’s Plumbing Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee members were on hand to set up and judge the contest, which was a highlight of the PHCC–National Association's CONNECT 2012 Product & Technology Showcase.
This year’s honors went to:
• 1st Place – Adam Coyle, John's Reliable Plumbing, Chester Heights, Pa.
• 2nd Place – Justin Duke, D. E. Kirby, Inc., Portsmouth, Va.
• 3rd Place – Jake Knight, Murphy Company/UA Local 562, St. Louis, Mo.
Foundation volunteers operating this year’s event included:
• Laurie Crigler, L & D Associates, Inc., Aroda, Va.
• Steve Dzieminski, Stephen F. Dzieminski Plumbing, Trenton, N. J.
• Tom Gent, France Mechanical Corp, Glen Carbon, Ill.
• Robert Hahn, All Seasons Energy Services, LLC, Springfield, N. J.
• Dave Jaffe, Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute, Neptune, N. J.
• Dale Powell, Copper Development Association, Harrisburg, Pa.
• Jim Steinle, Atomic Plumbing, Virginia Beach, Va.
• James Walls, Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute, Garland, Tex.
• Luke Westman, Westman Plumbing, Inc., Aitkin, Minn.
The event was made possible by the following generous industry sponsors:
Headline Sponsors: A. O. Smith Water Products Co.; Copper Development Association, Inc.; Delta Faucet Company; RIDGID; and Viega, LLC.
Additional prize and materials sponsors included: BrassCraft Manufacturing Co.; Caddy; Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute; Charlotte Pipe & Foundry; InSinkErator; KOHLER Company; Legend Valve; Milwaukee Electric Tool Co.; Mission Rubber Co.; NIBCO, Inc.; Oatey; Rothenberger USA; Sioux Chief Manufacturing Co.; Tyler Pipe; and Wheeler-Rex.
Join the conversation: