All-electric, all-climate heat pump systems and ancillary products provide comfort and control today, while ensuring a cleaner and healthier tomorrow
Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US LLC (METUS), a leading supplier of Ductless and Ducted Mini-split and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) heat pump and air-conditioning systems, will showcase a robust lineup of all-electric heat pump solutions and supplementary products at the 2024 AHR Expo. The annual event will take place Jan. 22-24 at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago.
Designed for life, inside and out, all-climate heat pumps provide unparalleled energy efficiency through their ability to vary capacity based on the heating or cooling requirements of a space.
“All-climate heat pumps are revolutionizing the HVAC market,” said Mark Kuntz, chief executive officer, Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US. “The integration of our all-climate heat pumps, with their enhanced efficiency, wide operating temperature range and reduced carbon emissions, marks a crucial step towards sustainable and environmentally-friendly heating and cooling.”
Residential HVAC solutions on display
METUS will showcase these residential products at AHR:
- Deluxe Wall-mounted H2i sumo™ System is our latest (coming late in 2024) most feature rich system. The Deluxe is a wall-mounted indoor unit connecting to the H2i sumo outdoor unit. This wall-mounted unit is wireless enabled for our kumo cloud app and features Dual Barrier Coating, Dual Barrier Fusion and Triple Action Filtration with a PM 2.5 filter. The H2i sumo™ outdoor units provide 100% heating capacity at -10° F, and produce heating even with ambient outdoor temperatures as low as -22° F. These units offer year-round comfort even in extremely cold climates.
- Multi-position air handlers can serve a larger zone, like an entire floor, and are much more efficient than furnaces or boilers. They eliminate the need for a gas line or flue vent. Air handlers are completely hidden and may use shorter duct runs for maximized energy efficiency.
- intelli-HEAT™ Dual Fuel System consists of an exterior heat pump to replace an air-conditioner condenser and an interior a-coil installed on an existing furnace. The award-winning smart solution improves air-conditioning efficiency on hot days and determines the best source of heat – electric or gas – on cold days, so the HVAC system runs at peak efficiency and comfort.
- Premier Wall-mounted System, our most versatile wall-mounted ductless solution offers a wide range of applications with sizes from 6 to 24 KBTU/H. The MSZ-GS is compatible with Mitsubishi Electric’s single-zone and multi-zone heat pumps or the H2i® systems. Its counterpart, the MSY-GS, is a single-zone air conditioner for climates where heating is not necessary.
- Ported multi-zone outdoor unit is a M-Series multi-zone outdoor unit offering a seven-system line-up to choose from, ranging between 20,000 and 42,000 BTU/H. The ported multi-zone is available as a heat pump as well as a hyper-heating heat pump.
- Residential Controllers will be displayed, including kumo touch™, a wall-mounted wireless controller featuring an intuitive touchscreen interface. kumo cloud® will also be featured. The mobile app puts enhanced control of home heating and cooling right at homeowners’ fingertips. They can adjust a room’s temperature, set schedules, manage zones, view alarms and connect with their contractor, all from their smart device. The Simple Ductless Wired (SDW) remote controller, suitable for multifamily applications, will also be featured. It features programmable presets with 7-day scheduling. The dual setpoint auto changeover and advanced installer setup options can be used to adjust settings to fit the needs of each user. Users can select their preferred humidity level with the new Auto-DRY function, which helps regulate the moisture level of the indoor air.
According to METUS’ Heat Pumps & Homeowners Index, 63% of American homeowners surveyed have heard of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) and 54% ranked government incentives as one of their top three reasons for considering installing a heat pump. In trying to simplify homeowners’ transition toward sustainable HVAC systems, METUS has introduced a new integration for its heat pumps with SPAN.IO, INC. (SPAN), maker of the leading smart electrical panel. The collaboration between these award-winning category leaders is anticipated to accelerate household electrification and energy efficiency.
Commercial HVAC solutions on display
METUS will highlight these commercial products at AHR:
- CAHV Heat Pump provides high demand hot water for commercial applications like hotels and multi-family housing. Whether used as a central hot water source in hotels or multi-family dwellings, the CAHV Heat Pump also supplies space heating capabilities, like radiant heating in occupied spaces or other applications such as pool heating.
- Heat2O® Heat Pump Water Heaters are designed to produce high-volume domestic hot water for commercial facilities in any climate. All-electric, energy-efficient and environmentally friendly, Heat2O uses a natural CO2 refrigerant with a global warming potential (GWP) of one and an ozone depletion potential of zero.
- Hybrid VRFTM is the world’s only two-pipe hybrid variable refrigerant flow (HVRF) system that heats and cools different zones simultaneously while using water instead of refrigerant in occupied spaces. HVRF systems can be tailored to fit many use requirements and are utilized in a wide variety of applications requiring individual settings such as hotels, offices, hospitals, multi-family dwelling, schools and senior living facilities.
- s-MEXT Precision Cooling helps keep sensitive information safe and secure from heat and humidity and is the ideal application for small-to-medium-sized data rooms. s-MEXT’s split cooling package consists of the indoor high-precision unit connected to a P-Series outdoor unit. s-MEXT controls temperature and relative humidity with pinpoint accuracy, even in wide thermal variations.
- Commercial Controllers will be displayed, including kenza cloudTM, a controls solution for light-to-medium commercial spaces where a central controller is unnecessary, but cloud access for monitoring and basic control is required. Also on display will be Trane Commercial’s Tracer® SC+, a powerful building automation system that integrates systems to simplify command and provide better control over comfort and efficiency.
METUS subject matter experts to serve as featured speakers
During the AHR 2024 Expo, Kimberly Llewellyn, senior product manger for emerging markets, Karen McGunagle, business unit sales manager, and Michelle Robb, senior director of growth experience will present two different sessions, as follows:
- During The Decarbonization Countdown: What’s in Store for Commercial HVAC Systems, Llewellyn and McGunagle will highlight the top sustainability changes on the horizon for commercial HVAC contractors and provide guidance as they join in on the decarbonization movement. The 60-minute session will take place from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 24. The session is hosted by Women in HVACR, a premier organization focused on connecting and growing women in the industry both professionally and personally.
- During the Go Electric to Grow Your Business panel, Robb will speak alongside Rewiring America about consumer demand for heat pumps and how contractors can seize the opportunity electrification rebates provide to grow their businesses. This session will take place from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 22.
Attendees of the world’s largest industry trade show for HVAC professionals can see demonstrations of METUS products and speak directly with experts at booth S7177. Additional product information on the complete suite of METUS HVAC solutions can be found at https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/.