Milwaukee Tool continues to rapidly expand its Hand Tool offering with the introduction of several new Tape Measures designed to maximize durability and increase functionality. Delivering 10X longer life than the competition, the new tape measures feature Nylon Bond Blade Protection for resistance to jobsite contamination and a 5-point reinforced frame for protection against damage from dropping.
“When we talked to users about the tape measures that are currently available on the market, two key frustrations continued to prevail: 1) numbers would wear away on their tape due to daily contamination like dust, dirt and water, and 2) the housing would break on their tape when they dropped it,” says Whitney Moks, Product Manager for Milwaukee Tool. “As a result of our user-focused research process, we set out to solve these common frustrations and have delivered a line of tools that have truly earned Milwaukee’s Nothing But Heavy Duty badge of honor.”
Coming to market over the next six months, the new tape measure line will include (9) Magnetic Tape Measures and (9) Non-Magnetic Tape Measures, varying in lengths from 16’-35’ in the Imperial Measurement System (in/cm), 5m-10m in the Metric Measurement system and 5M/16’- 10M/33’ in the combination of both.
The magnetic version will feature a new-to-world Dual Magnet design. One magnet will hold the hook in the front of the tape to the edge of the material, and the other magnet will secure the tape to the material from below. This design is intended to securely hold the tape measure in place and prevent roll off when measuring materials such as threaded rod, steel studs or conduit.
In addition, each of the Tape Measures include an innovative Finger Stop area to hold the blade in place instead of using the lock. The wire frame protects the user’s finger when the hook retracts. For added functionality, the tape measures also include a blue print scale for 1/4” and 1/8” drawings to help the user accurately calculate material needs for projects, as well as a wire form belt clip for storage convenience.
Backed by a limited lifetime warranty, the new products confirm Milwaukee’s commitment to best-in-class durability and their relentless commitment to provide innovative solutions to the end user that will increase productivity.
Tape Measure Models and Availability Dates
• 16' Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5116)
• 25' Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5125)
• 5m/16' Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5216)
• 8m/26' Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5225)
• 16' Tape Measure (48-22-5117)
• 5m/16’ Tape Measure (48-22-5217)
• 5m Tape Measure (48-22-5306)
• 25' Tape Measure (48-22-5126)
• 8m/26'Tape Measure (48-22-5226)
• 8m Tape Measure (48-22-5309)
• 5m Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5305)
• 8m Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5308)
• 30' Tape Measure (48-22-5131)
• 10m/33‘ Tape Measure (48-22-5234)
• 35' Tape Measure (48-22-5136)
• 30‘ Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5130)
• 10m/33‘ Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5233)
• 35' Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5135)
Join the conversation: