Cincinnati — The cold winter months can be hard on a home plumbing system. Now is a good time to take care of routine hot water heater maintenance. Roto-Rooter paired up with Ehow to produce an informative online video series with tips for keeping comfortable, warm water flowing while it is needed most and to maximize the life and efficiency of a hot water heater.
Roto-Rooter is North America’s largest provider of plumbing repair and drain cleaning services. Master Plumber Dave Jones talks homeowners through several basic water heater maintenance issues in a free, 10-video series available on Ehow.com. Water heaters are one of the biggest energy-using appliances in the home and are used frequently without a thought in everyday tasks including showers, dishes, laundry and hand washing.
For an overview of common water heater maintenance advice, watch each video on the following important topics:
1) Relief valve problems
2) How to cut electricity usage from the water heater
3) Troubleshoot flushing the water heater
4) Installation of a water heater
5) How to check water heater voltage
6) What to do when the water heater is leaking
7) How to set water heater temperature
8) How to reignite a water heater
9) What to do if the water heater is tripping a circuit breaker
10) How to burp a water heater
Videos can be accessed at http://www.ehow.com/video_12256537_set-water-heater-element-temps.html. Call your local Roto-Rooter for assistance with water heater service.
Visit www.rotorooter.com for information about other seasonal plumbing advice.