Three Common “Gotchas” in Hydronic System Design
Coffee with Caleffi™, is an online technical training webinar and is intended for contractors, designers and wholesalers.
Join Bob “Hot Rod” Rohr and Guest Speaker Mark Olson, GM Caleffi North America, on Thursday, June 20 at 12 noon CDT (check local time).
Efficient systems continually vary the output of the heat (or chilled water) source as the heating (or cooling) load varies. The closer this “load matching”, the more efficient the system. However if the effects of air, dirt, internal corrosion and pump dynamics are not carefully thought out, the owner ends up paying more than the system designer intended. Not just on utility bills, but increased maintenance and pre-mature equipment wear.
Mark will explain how to steer clear of these common problems, what equipment is available to the designer and how to apply in system design:
– Fluid quailty – when is it a concern, when not?
– There’s no more air – am I done worrying?
– Those air vents, what’s going on inside?
– How to fry an expensive VFD pump
– That expansion tank – why it’s location is critical
– How does a pump firing on alter flow in another part of the system?
– Three excellent methods to de-couple pumps
– Where NOT to use a Y-strainer or mechanical filter
– What you should understand about galvanic action
– Good anti-freeze versus bad
– Neodymium rare earth magnets – what variable speed pumps and magnetic dirt separators have in common. Why?
About our Guest Speaker
Mark Olson, General Manager and CEO, joined Caleffi in 2005. Mark is a 1981 graduate from the University of Michigan with a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Prior to joining Caleffi he served in various engineering, sales and marketing executive positions with Whirlpool Corporation, Pentair and Generac Power Systems. You will enjoy his easygoing, often humorous presentation style.
Why not join us at this month's Coffee with Caleffi webinar by registering today?
All Coffee with Caleffi webinars are free.
Join the conversation: