Denver — ASHRAE has installed new officers and directors for 2013-14 at its Annual Meeting held here June 22-26.
The new president is William P. “Bill” Bahnfleth, Ph.D., P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, ASME Fellow, a professor of Architectural Engineering and director of the Indoor Environment Center at The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa.
As ASHRAE’s president, Bahnfleth chairs the Society’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee. Bahnfleth’s Presidential Theme, “Shaping the Next,” focuses on embracing our responsibility to “Our World” – fellow humans and the earth, to make buildings safe, healthy, productive, comfortable environments in harmony with nature. To do this, he believes we must develop “Ourselves” – the human resource of the professional community, and transform “Our Work” – what we do, how we do it, and who we do it with, by becoming more global in outlook, broader in scope, and more collaborative in approach.
Bahnfleth is the son of ASHRAE Presidential Member Donald R. Bahnfleth, Fellow ASHRAE, Life Member, who served as president in 1985-86. This marks the first father/son presidency in ASHRAE’s history.
Other officers installed for a one-year term are:
• President-Elect: Thomas H. Phoenix, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified Building Energy Assessment and Building Energy Modeling Professional, principal and vice president, Moser Mayer Phoenix Associates, Greensboro, N.C.
• Treasurer: T. David Underwood, P.Eng., Fellow ASHRAE, Life Member, ASHRAE-Certified Commissioning Process Management Professional, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
• Vice President: Daniel C. Pettway, senior project manager, Hobbs and Associates, Norfolk, Va.
• Vice President: Thomas E. Werkema, Knoxville, Tenn.
• Vice President: Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng., Fellow ASHRAE, assistant vice president (Facilities Management and Planning), Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
• Vice President: Bjarne W. Olesen, Ph.D., Fellow ASHRAE, Life Member, professor, Technical University of Denmark, Kongens Lyngby, Denmark. He is head of the Centre for Indoor Environment and Energy at the Department of Civil Engineering.
ASHRAE installed the following directors to serve a three-year term from 2013-2016:
• Region IV Director and Regional Chair: M. Ginger Scoggins, P.E., president, Engineered Designs, Cary, N.C.
• Region V Director and Regional Chair: Richard A. Zbin, ASHRAE-Certified Healthcare Facility Design Professional, associate/senior designer, Tec Inc. Engineering and Design, Eastlake, Ohio.
• Region VI Director and Regional Chair: Mark F. Miller, business development engineer, Mestek Inc. – Airtherm Division, Oregon, Wis.
• Region XII Director and Regional Chair: Jennifer A. Isenbeck, P.E., ASHRAE-Certified Commissioning Process Management Professional, facility engineer/manager, University of Tampa, Tampa, Fla.
• Region XIII Director and Regional Chair: Edward K.C. Tsui, managing director, Intelligent Technologies Ltd., Hong Kong
• Director-at-Large: K. William “Bill” Dean, P.E., facilities manager, National Research Council of Canada, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Director-at-Large: Julia A. Keen, Ph.D., P.E., ASHRAE-Certified High Performance Building Design Professional, associate professor, Architectural Engineering and Construction Science, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kan.
• Director-at-Large: Ben A. Leppard, P.E., principal, Leppard Johnson and Associates, Tucker, Ga.
Join the conversation: