Offering four times the charging current of a standard charger, the two-cycle charging method gets pros back to work faster
Bosch Power Tools, a global leader for power tools and power tool accessories, today announced the addition of its new six-bay charger, the GAL18V6-80, offering convenience and speed when charging multiple Bosch 18V batteries. The sequential, two-cycle charging method is designed to minimize downtime, improve organization and stay power-ready in a lightweight, easy to transport package.
“Designed to get users back to work as quickly as possible, the newest addition to the Bosch charger lineup delivers fast and efficient 2-cycle charging,” said Jocelyn Cronin, Project Management Specialist at Bosch Power Tools. “Offering power and convenience at an unparalleled value, the charger is must-have for pros in any trade.”
The GAL18V6-80 features an 8-Amp charging current, which delivers four times the charging current of a standard charger. 8-Amp and Sequential 2-cycle charging gets users back to work quickly. The first cycle is capable of charging CORE18V 4.0 Ah batteries to 80 percent in 32 minutes and full charge in 50 minutes. Additionally, LED indicators show charging cycle and level for each battery, allowing users to monitor and prioritize battery charging while they work.
The charger also features a cooling fan, providing active cooling to optimize charging and prevent overheating. Additionally, it comes a large handle and cord wrap to make transportation easy and convenient.
Bosch Power Tools Battery Charger Fast Facts
- The 18V 6-Bay Lithium-Ion Fast Battery Charger delivers convenience and speed when charging multiple Bosch 18V batteries.
- Offering an 8-amp charging current, four times the charging current of a standard charger, the two-cycle charging method gets users back to work faster.
- The charger first cycles through the connected batteries, charging CORE18V 4.0 Ah batteries to approximately 80 percent in 32 minutes, before cycling again to charge the batteries to full capacity in 50 minutes.
- LED indicators in each charging bay show charging cycle and level for each battery, allowing users to monitor progress while they work.
- Each charging bay has a priority button that will immediately start the charging process in that charging bay. If the priority button is pressed once, the battery in that bay is prioritized, meaning that it will be charged to approximately 80% first. If the priority button is pressed again, the battery in that bay will be prioritized further, charging it to full capacity.
- An error indicator alerts users in case of charging interruptions due to temperature and/or faults.
- The charger is equipped with an active cooling fan, designed to prevent overheating and optimize charging.
- The charger doubles as an ideal battery transportation solution, featuring a large handle and cord wrap.
- A flexible charging solution, the GAL18V6-80 is compatible with Bosch 18V lithium-ion batteries.
For more information and specifications, please visit www.boschtools.com/us.