Viega LLC’s ProPress Automatic Recirculation Balancing Valve ensures a balanced domestic water recirculation system by dynamically changing with varying conditions.
The valve can help prevent the growth of legionella bacteria by keeping hot water out of the growth zone temperature of 95°F to 115°F (35°C to 46°C), while still preventing scalding and conserving energy.
The Automatic Recirculation Balancing Valve is a modification of a Viega product that has been used successfully in Europe for years. It helps keep water temperatures more uniform by adjusting flow with changes in temperature. The results are faster hot water delivery, minimized waste energy and water and less stagnation and chance of contamination. Among the valve’s features:
- Unlike with manual valves, temperature can be set once and be maintained automatically. Settings can be changed easily, if needed.
- Can be installed on risers or branches
- Remote monitoring with temperature sensor
- Optional thermometer provides visual indication of valve setting
- Threaded ends allow it to be used with Viega ProPress or Viega PureFlow fittings systems for easy integration with copper or PEX
- Includes bypass for thermal disinfection
Additional accessories that can be used with the valve include a thermometer, drain valve and optional insulation sleeve.
“Viega is committed to providing hot water quickly and efficiently while improving water quality and the new Automatic Recirculation Balancing Valve is a significant step toward that goal,” said Paige Riddle, Senior Manager, Market Manager. “This valve offers more features than any other on the market while requiring minimum work on the part of designers, engineers, installers and building maintenance personnel.”
For more information on the ProPress Automatic Recirculation Balancing Valve, click here.