As more and more states and cities across the US are reopening, many HVAC/R
installers are facing new rules and regulations on the job that will make it even
harder to catch up on backlogs created by project delays, including both new
construction and retrofit/replacement.
While new COVID-19 workplace guidelines vary by state and municipality, most will share an emphasis on:
- Staggering work by trades to reduce the number of people on site at the same time
- Practicing established social distancing guidelines
- Wearing personal protective equipment like masks and gloves
- Following required personal hygiene practices
The specifics of the new rules will vary, but they will all result in projects taking
longer. Fortunately, there’s one sure way to overcome some of these new challenges, and to make up for lost time: using RLS flame-free press fittings rather than brazing. Here are a few reasons why:
- RLS fittings connect in 10 seconds, so you can get the job done faster.
- No flames mean no fire spotters, so less people are on the job at one time.
- Brazing in a mask – especially in summer heat – will be very uncomfortable.
In addition to the speed and ease of RLS press fittings, they also make the job site safer by removing the fire hazards of flammable gas – which also eliminates the time, trouble and cost of burn permits.
Although some of the benefits are new, RLS press fittings are not. They are the
original, patented, proven HVAC/R press-to-connect fittings that were introduced in 2015 and have been installed successfully millions of times. They are fully registered and listed to UL 207 for pressures up to 700 psi.
This proven alternative already helps HVAC/R contractors work faster and more efficiently. Now it can help them succeed in an environment no one could have anticipated just a few months ago. Learn more at www.rapidlockingsystem.com.