Presents awards for excellence in life safety, community impact and sales
Each year, Resideo invites its network of professionals to ‘connect,’ to learn and to share insights during a three-day customer event. Now in its thirty-third year, the CONNECT 2022 customer event was deeply impacted by the community connections those professionals have, the communities they impact and how they are making a difference each and every day.
“Everyone in this room helps keep bad things from happening to good people,” said Scott Harkins, Vice President of Sales at Resideo during his remarks on stage.
With a theme focused on “Making a Difference,” Resideo gathered nearly 500 customers and partners for the annual event, shared new products and services, hosted educational sessions and shared stories about the collective impact made throughout the year.
Community Service Activity Helps Florida Community in Need
In September 2022, Hurricane Ian hit the west coast of Florida and devastated the Ft. Myers area, which is located about 60 miles north of the CONNECT 2022 event hosted in Marco Island, Fla. Each year, the community service event at CONNECT is popular, but the 2022 event sparked unmatched enthusiasm and attendance. A cross-section of Resideo customers and employees helped Florida communities impacted by the hurricane.
Guests created disaster relief kits that were donated to the Fort Meyers area United Way, and additional funds were raised for the American Red Cross of Central Florida and its local recovery efforts. The group packed care packages, including Resideo’s First Alert smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, that contain essential items needed for recovery.
The Team Gleason Foundation Receives Making a Difference Award
Each year, Resideo presents a Life Safety Award to a deserving organization or team that acted during an emergency, and in the past presented the award to first responders and organizations providing service dogs for Veterans, for example. At CONNECT 2022, the award was re-named the Making a Difference Award and presented virtually by Mike Rowe, host of Dirty Jobs, to Team Gleason.
Team Gleason provides ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) patients with resources that can help them continue to live purposeful lives. The organization receives more than 500 requests per month for automation services for patients with ALS.
“Until there is a cure for ALS, technology is the cure,” said Steve Gleason, founder of Team Gleason. Steve, a former NFL special teams player for the New Orleans Saints, was diagnosed with ALS in 2011. Team Gleason has provided over $20 million in adventure, technology, equipment, and care services to more than 30,000 people living with ALS and countless others through advocacy and support.
In his virtual acceptance speech video, Steve uses his unique style of humor to encourage others and he shares his gratitude for Resideo’s commitment. His last words – “no white flags” – demonstrate his commitment to perseverance and tenacity to make a difference in his community.
Currently, Team Gleason offers ALS patients an off-the-shelf home automation product and is looking to enhance it to provide a more customized level of care for the patients they serve. With the help of Resideo’s professional installation network, the ALS community can realize the benefits of Resideo’s connected solutions, and they can stay engaged with their home.
“From air purification and home comfort controls to security and home automation, our products for this community are not just a convenience but a necessity,” said Quentin Gunther, Security Sales Manager and Resideo Premier Security Dealer program leader. “I was very moved when watching someone control their home using just their eyes. I lost my mother-in-law to ALS twenty years ago and am inspired to help offer technology to ALS patients like her because I know it would have had a profound impact on her life.”
Resideo Honors Customers Making a Difference
In 2022, Resideo’s professional HVAC and Security professionals made a difference in their communities, and two very special awards were presented during the awards presentation:
- 2022 Medal of Honor: John Loud, from LOUD Security, for outstanding contributions to the industry and local community.
- 2022 Lifetime Achievement Award: Ralph Sevinor, from Wayne Alarm, for shaping the future security industry and preserving its history.
Resideo honored its professional partners with awards in life safety, product application and sales excellence:
- 2022 Resideo Platinum PERKS Professional of the Year: Airtron
- 2022 Premier Security Dealer of the Year Award: Vyanet
- 2022 Rookie of the Year: Radiant Security
- 2022 HVAC Excellence: HomeServe USA
- 2022 Security Residential Installation of the Year: Suffolk Security
- 2022 HVAC Residential Installation of the Year: Badger Bob’s Services
- 2022 Security Light Commercial Installation of the Year: A-Bell Alarms Company
- 2022 Light Commercial Installation of the Year: Maynor Service Company
- 2022 Security Salesperson of the Year: Drew Stevens of Holmes Security Systems
- 2022 Security Salesperson of the Year: Sandrine Brousseau of Le Groupe Vigilance Inc.
- 2022 Comfort Salesperson of the Year: James Lohbeck of Crane Heating and Air Conditioning
- 2022 Whole Home Visionary:
– HVAC: Genz-Ryan Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical
– Security: Guardian Systems
- 2022 Security Sales Leader of the Year: Danny Goodpastor at Bates Security
- 2022 HVAC Sales Leader of the Year: Scott Beach, Fogel Services
Four awards were handed out for Life Safety: Alarm Detection Systems, Alarm Protection Services (APS), Bates Security and Holmes Security Systems.
Resideo presented 22 companies with awards for their contributions to their community, which included collecting food drive donations, installing free security systems for crime victims, hosting events for kids, and supporting law enforcement:
Mark your calendars! CONNECT 2023 will be Nov. 2-5 and hosted at the Westin Kierland Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ.
Join the conversation: