High school students of GPDA members receive $24,000 in scholarships to fund higher education
Goulds Water Technology, a Xylem brand, is proud to announce this year’s recipients of the Goulds Professional Dealers Association (GPDA) scholarships. The initiative serves as a valuable resource for GPDA members, awarding $24,000 in scholarships to 16 deserving students across the U.S. every year. Each student receives $1,500 in scholarship money, which is granted based on academic standing, volunteerism and leadership skills, and enables students to pursue higher education at the college or technical school level. GPDA scholarship recipients are family members of GPDA members, highlighting the company’s support and commitment to independent dealers and young talent. Since its inception, the annual GPDA scholarship program has awarded more than $420,000 to 352 recipients.
“At Goulds Water Technology, we understand the importance of education and the positive impact it has on the future of our industry,” said Jen Manswell, demand generation manager, Residential & Agriculture, Xylem. “Each year, we take great pride in presenting these scholarships, helping to propel students toward their education goals, enrich their futures and reinforce the foundation of our industry. Through GPDA, we support our members and their students on their path to success.”
This year’s GPDA scholarship recipients are located across the U.S. and Canada, each bringing their unique potential and ambition to the water technology industry. The 2023 recipients are:
- Makayla Kemp, Robstown, Texas – A&R Septic Services LLC
- Solomon Hancock, Idaho Falls, Idaho – American Pump Company
- James Christensen, Hartington, Nebraska – Christensen Well and Irrigation
- Cazden Christensen, Hartington, Nebraska – Christensen Well and Irrigation
- Alex Christensen, Hartington, Nebraska – Christensen Well and Irrigation
- Dalton Molnar, Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada – Don’s Plumbing and Heating
- Trevyn Keene, Grand Island, Nebraska – Wells Plumbing Co., Inc.
- Kayna Deschênes, St. Pascal, Québec, Canada – Les Puits Artésiens Deschênes, Inc.
- Abigail Burnette, Concord, North Carolina – Commercial Services
- Andrew Daisey, Millsboro, Delaware – Daisey’s Well Drilling
- Braelyn Brenneman, Accident, Maryland – Brenneman Well Drilling, Inc.
- Leah Brenneman, Friendsville, Maryland – Brenneman Well Drilling, Inc.
- Vidhya Boggs, Pound, Virginia – Boggs Municipal Services, Inc.
- Ava Miranda, Hallettsville, Texas – Chandler Drilling
- Harrison Steinberger, Rockwall, Texas – H&H Waterwell
- Kenneth Muller, Ridgefield, Connecticut – Interstate Artesian Well Co.
Recipient Spotlight: James, Alex and Cazden Christensen
James, Alex and Cazden Christensen are just three of this year’s GPDA scholarship program recipients. Their family-run business, Christensen Well & Irrigation, specializes in water well drilling services. The company is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and Alex, James and Cazden are an integral part of its success.
“My favorite thing to do at Christensen Well is going out on water calls and saving the day for people who are out of water,” said James, providing crucial assistance to those facing water scarcity. His free time is reserved for outdoor activities, including hunting and fishing.
James and Cazden are headed to Northeast Community College, studying electrical construction and control, while Alex is attending University of Nebraska-Lincoln to study mechanical engineering.
GPDA is the industry’s oldest and largest dealers’ association, founded over 50 years ago. As a world-class professional membership organization, GPDA provides independent dealers with extensive technical and product training, sales leads and marketing support. More than 20,000 dealers and distributors have graduated from its education center, going on to further their product knowledge, grow their businesses and help tackle water scarcity in their local communities.