A. O. Smith, a leader in water heating and water treatment solutions, is proud to announce its 2023 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. This is the company’s fifth consecutive ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award, and its third time being honored as a Sustained Excellence partner. The award distinguishes companies that have made a long-term commitment to energy management through their products or services. A. O. Smith is one of only a select number of organizations to be recognized as a Sustained Excellence partner.
“It’s an honor to have our long-standing commitment to the development of sustainable water heating technology recognized by ENERGY STAR for the fifth year in a row,” said Francois Lebrasseur, A. O. Smith business development manager, utilities. “We value our partnership with ENERGY STAR, and we are dedicated to expanding on our efforts as we work together to create a more sustainable future.”
Many accomplishments and collaborations lead to this prestigious award, including but not limited to:
- The launch of A. O. Smith’s latest ENERGY STAR® certified product, the Voltex® AL (anti-leak) Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heater. The unit boasts one of the highest energy efficiency rates on the market, saving homeowners up to 78% or $607 a year on utility bills when compared to a standard electric water heater
- Proactively leading webinars and in-person training events to educate contractors and wholesalers on the constantly evolving landscape of energy efficient water heating technology
- The introduction of new educational content through A. O. Smith University to ensure continued training on new product technology
- Dissemination of a variety of marketing and sales materials to help customers better understand the benefits of new products
- Enhancing the O. Smith website’s ENERGY STAR® category landing page to help customers evaluate the best products for their needs
“As we accelerate historic efforts to address climate change, public-private partnerships will be essential to realizing the scale of our ambition,” said EPA Administrator Michael S. Regan. “I applaud this year’s ENERGY STAR award winners for working with EPA to deliver a clean energy future that saves American consumers and businesses money and creates jobs.”
Each year, the ENERGY STAR program honors a select group of businesses and organizations that have made outstanding contributions in the transition to a clean energy economy. ENERGY STAR award winners lead their industries in the production, sale, and adoption of energy-efficient products, homes, buildings, services, and strategies. These efforts are essential to fighting the climate crisis, protecting public health, and creating a clean energy future for everyone.
Winners are selected from a network of thousands of ENERGY STAR partners. For a complete list of 2023 winners and more information about ENERGY STAR’s awards program, visit energystar.gov/awardwinners.
Join the conversation: