During this unprecedented time, the Coronavirus is affecting all of us, everywhere.
On behalf of the employees of Uponor North America, we want you to know that we are operating safely in our plants and distribution centers, with our office team working from home, so that we can be there for you when you need us.
Examples of the Coronavirus precautions we are taking, so far, include:
- Instituting an internal task force to continually monitor the situation;
- Moving office workers to remote locations;
- Practicing and monitoring social distancing within our manufacturing plants (main equipment used by workers is already spaced more than 6 feet apart); distribution center work stations are also in compliance;
- Ensuring manufacturing and distribution center employees wear proper personal protective equipment, as usual;
- Staggering breaks in dining areas of no more than ten people and mandating a six-foot distance apart; alternating use of time clocks to avoid close contact with others;
- Daily sanitizing of common tools, equipment and surfaces;
- Restricting contact and maintaining safe distances with truck drivers;
- Restricting all non-essential contractors from entering our North American facilities; and
- Banning travel for all employees.
Supply Chain Status
While we source very few of our parts globally, we currently have an adequate supply in the U.S., in transit, as well as access to alternative sources. Many of our parts are multi-sourced to help minimize supply chain disruptions of any kind.
In the interest of social distancing best practices, we have postponed all in-person trainings and tours of our factories in North America until further notice.