Fort Lauderdale, Fla. — NATE’s Flame Tools Safety Training (course#: 6111-0001) is now available through Uniweld Products, Inc., a NATE-approved continued education trainer.
North American Technician Excellence (NATE), headquartered in Arlington, VA, was founded in 1997 and is the nation’s largest non-profit certification organization for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration technicians. NATE is the only technician certification organization governed, owned, operated, developed, and supported by the HVACR industry.
Course Name: Flame Tools Safety Training
NATE Course#: 6111-0001
Continuing Education Hours (CEH): 2 hours
Course Overview: A field training course that last approximately 2 hours with lecture/discussion and demonstrations.
Required topics include:
• Introduction Overview of Uniweld Products, Inc.
• Fire Triangle – A review of the Fire Triangle and the basic elements of fire.
• Fuel Gases and Cylinders – General discussion on the different types of fuels used to braze and solder copper tubing. Working temperatures of the various fuels and their applications. Safety precautions when working with the various fuel gases and cylinders.
• Flame Tools – A review of oxyacetylene and air-fuel flame tools and their applications within the HVACR, Plumbing, and Maintenance industries.
• Flame Tool Set Up and Safety – Step-by-step procedure on setting up an oxyacetylene outfit, and the proper safety procedures to apply when in use. This will include a review on setting the regulator delivery pressures based on the tip size used, proper procedures on shutting down an oxyacetylene outfit, and preparing it for storage.
• Alloys – Review of the various alloys used in soldering/brazing, including aluminum alloy.
• Nitrogen Regulators and Flow Indicators – Review the use of nitrogen when purging an AC or R system, and the effective way to monitor nitrogen flow.
• Brazing Demonstration – Review capillary action of brazing alloy with proper brazing techniques and which flame tool to use in certain applications.
All attendees must sign a NATE Official Recognized Provider Attendance Record.
Please contact Uniweld for more information.