Last week, Mechanical Hub visited the local Ferguson dealer in Addison, Ill. for the annual RIDGID Roadshow. The roadshow offers the opportunity for contractors to see RIDGID products, talk to local representatives and salespeople, all at a convenient location. The next show takes place April 23, 2014 at the Ferguson dealer — 9221 Farrow Road in Columbia, S.C. Check https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/events for upcoming tour stops, dates and other pertinent information.
On display this year was a line of video inspection equipment and monitors, and location equipment, which can be seen in the video here:
Viega sales personnel were also on hand to show and demonstrate ProPress for copper and gas fittings.
Viega’s Dan Courtney demonstrates a press connection for gas fittings in the video shown here (Please excuse the wind):
RIDGID also showed off its line of XD Professional Submersible Pumps with battery back-up and AdvanTEXT™ Cellular Flood Monitoring systems.
Finally, the K-7500 drain cleaning drum machine was on display. The K-7500 features:
• The performance, cable control, durability, and maneuverability demanded by professional users. Ideal for any tough job, such as roots – up to 250′ (76 m).
• Cable spins at 200 RPM.
• Powerful, yet quiet, 600W universal motor and gearbox bear down as cutter engages tough obstructions.
• Provides audible and visual signals to operator.
• Inner-drum and ball bearing distributor arm work with motor/gearbox system to reduce chance of cable flip-over inside the drum.
• Main and inner drums won’t rust, split or dent – ever, and clean easily for professional appearance. Main drum holds up to 100′ (30,5 m) of 3⁄4″ (20 mm) cable or 125′ (38 m) of 5⁄8″ (16 mm) cable.
• Powerful AUTOFEED® mechanism has grease fittings and an open design for easy maintenance; advances and retrieves cable up to 22′ (6,7 m) per minute.
• Two position stair climber eases transport and loading – eliminates extra cost for loading wheels.
• Narrow profile allows machine to fit through bathroom doors.
• Handles adjust to desired height to ensure balanced transport.
• Includes RIDGID® PVC drain cleaning gloves and operator’s manual.
• Approved by CSA to CSA and UL Standards (115 V only)
For more information on the RIDGID Roadshow, check https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/events for upcoming tour stops, dates and other pertinent information.