Twelve top plumbing and HVACR students have received honors in the plumbing and HVACR competitions of the annual SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Contest, held recently in Kansas City, Mo.
The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors—National Association Educational Foundation supports the plumbing and HVACR contests each year. The Foundation’s Plumbing Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee makes up the majority of the SkillsUSA Plumbing Technical Committee, and members were on hand to set up and help with contest judging. The PHCC Educational Foundation also has a representative on the SkillsUSA HVACR Technical Committee, who assists with set up and contest judging.
Throughout the week, nearly 6,100 secondary and postsecondary career and technical education students competed in more than 100 trades contests. This year’s plumbing honors went to:
• 1st Place Secondary – Anthony Collari, Blackstone Valley RVTHS, Upton, Mass.
• 1st Place Post-Secondary – Flint McCloud, Davis Applied Technical Center, Kaysville, Utah
• 2nd Place Secondary – Cameron Bolduc, Barre Technical Center, Barre, Vt.
• 2nd Place Post-Secondary – Adam Attaoui, Mid-Del Technical Center, Midwest City, Okla.
• 3rd Place Secondary – Tristan Walker, Cedartown High School, Cedartown, Ga.
• 3rd Place Post-Secondary – Jonathan Booth, Putnam Career & Technical Center, Eleanor, W.Va.
This year’s HVACR honors went to:
• 1st Place Secondary – Brandon Irons, Indian Capital Technical Center, Muskogee, Okla.
• 1st Place Post-Secondary – Beau Tippett, Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, Idaho
• 2nd Place Secondary – Tyler Nichols, Albany Career & Technical School, Albany, N.Y.
• 2nd Place Post-Secondary – Aaron Bell, Lamar Institute of Technology, Beaumont, Texas
• 3rd Place Secondary – Shawn McAuley, Platt Technical High School, Milford, Conn.
• 3rd Place Post-Secondary – Gerald McNerney, Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, Neb.
Technical committee members for this year’s event included:
• Robyn Bucknam, DEWALT Industrial Tool Co., Mooresville, N. C. (plumbing)
• Bob Carpenter, Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute, Atlanta, Ga. (plumbing)
• Danny Crigler, L & D Associates, Inc., Aroda, Va. (plumbing)
• Laurie Crigler, L & D Associates, Inc., Aroda, Va. (plumbing)
• Robert Hahn, Co-Chair, Eastwick College, HoHoKus School of Trades, Union, N. J. (plumbing)
• Merry Beth Hall, Co-Chair, PHCC Educational Foundation, Falls Church, Va. (plumbing)
• Victor Hatcher, Tyler Pipe and Coupling, Tyler, Texas (plumbing)
• Stephanie Kamba, Milwaukee Electric Tool Co., Brookfield, Wis. (plumbing)
• Michael Kirby, Milwaukee Electric Tool Co., Brookfield, Wis. (plumbing)
• Harold Moret, Copper Development Association, Braselton, Ga. (plumbing)
• Dennis Peters, DKP Plumbing, Paso Robles, Cal. (plumbing)
• Roger Peugeot, Roger the Plumber, Overland Park, Kansas (plumbing)
• Ryan Peugeot, Roger the Plumber, Overland Park, Kansas (plumbing)
• Dale Powell, Copper Development Association, Harrisburg, Pa. (plumbing)
• Jamie Simpson, Schaal Heating & Cooling, Des Moines, Ia. (HVACR)
• Jim Steinle, Atomic Plumbing, Virginia Beach, Va. (plumbing)
• James Walls, Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute, Garland, Texas (plumbing)
The plumbing competition was made possible by the following generous industry sponsors:
Headline Sponsors: A. O. Smith; Copper Development Association, Inc.; Kohler; and Viega.
Additional prize and materials sponsors included: BrassCraft Manufacturing Co.; Calculated Industries; Carhartt; Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute; Charlotte Pipe & Foundry; Cooper B-Line Industries; Copper Development Assn.; Delta Faucet Company; DEWALT Tools & Accessories; Harris Products Group; Irwin Industrial Tools; Kohler; Matheson Gas; Milwaukee Electric Tool Co.; Mission Rubber Co.; Oatey; PHCC Educational Foundation; PHCC – National Association; Ridge Tool Company; Roger the Plumber; Rothenberger USA; Sioux Chief Manufacturing Co.; Tyler Pipe; UA Local 8; and Viega, LLC.
Join the conversation: