RenewABILITY Energy, makers of the Power Pipe, a drain water heat recovery device announce that Ontario, Canada has became the first province/state in North America to make Drain Water Heat Recovery (DWHR) part of SB-12 Ontario building code.
Today at 12pm Eastern time zone in Kitchener Ontario Candian code officials will be holding a press conference to announce the significant impact of DWHR and its adoption into the Ontario Building Code. The event will be live streaming and can be viewed by anyone interested at the following link starting at 11:50 EDT.
Adding DWHR to building code and new home construction accomplishes the following:
- A 10% reduction in total energy costs for new home owners with DWHR systems installed
- A 20% to 35T reduction in water heating costs
- On average a reduction of 1 ton of green house gases/per year for the average family of 4 with a DWHR system installed.
- New home ownership in will become more affordable
- New homes are less expensive to build because of the setup of DWRH in relation to water heating systems
- Creates new green jobs
- Sets the foundation for other Canadian Provinces and the United States to follow
NOTE: Units average from $599 to $799 for home owners, are easy to install, have no moving parts and last as long as a home owners plumbing & the payback in multi-residential, commercial and industrial application is even faster.