NEWARK, NJ – The National Association of Oil and Energy Service Professionals (OESP) recently announced the winners of the 2016 Dave Nelsen Scholarship.
The Dave Nelsen Scholarship was established in 1999 as a way to remember and recognize the commitment to education made by OESP member Dave Nelsen. The scholarship is awarded to students who are currently or planning to attend a technical college or trade school and plans to pursue a career in the oil & energy industry.
“We are very proud of the 2016 Dave Nelsen Scholarship recipients,” said OESP President Ralph Adams. “These individuals are the best of the best and we are confident that they will continue the legacy of Dave Nelsen.”
The 2016 Dave Nelsen Scholarship winners are:
• Shaun Maher – Attends ENTECH and resides in Cromwell, CT.
• Jason Wakefield – Attends Manchester Community College and resides in Tilton, NH.
• Thomas Daros, Jr. (Two-time winner) – Attends Pennsylvania College of Technology and resides in North Salem, NY.
• Devin Laliberte – Attends Porter and Chester Institute and resides in East Haddam, CT.
• Michael Boylston (Three-time winner) – Attends Pennsylvania College of Technology and resides in Carmel, NY.