Noritz America has expanded its ecoTOUGH and ValueSolutions tankless water heater series with three new models offering several performance-enhancing advantages:
- a new, 12-year heat exchanger three times more durable in its ability to resist scale buildup;
- new scale-detection software that minimizes leaks by indicating when it’s time to de-scale (flush) the system;
- a compact design with an integral readout window, permitting basic servicing without the need for a remote device. Located at the lower right of the front panel, the small display indicates flow rates, temperature and common error codes.
Noritz began shipping the new models – the NR501, NR662 and NRC711 – nationwide in early January.
NR501: A hot water solution for one-bath homes in warmer climates, this strictly outdoor unit (photo above, right) has an Energy Factor of 0.86 for natural gas (NG) and 0.85 for liquid propane (LP). Part of the ValueSolutions series of gas-fired residential tankless water heaters, the Noritz NR501 carries the following specifications.
- Input range: 15,000 – 120,000 BTU per hour (BTUh)
- Flow rate: 0.5 – 5 gallons per minute (gpm)
- Gas-line connection: 1/2-inch gas line connection
NR662: Designed to handle all hot water needs of one-and-a-half-bath homes in warmer climates, this more powerful ValueSolutions unit (right) is also strictly for outdoor installation. With an Energy Factor of 0.85 for NG and 0.87 for LP, the NR662 carries the following specifications.
- Input range: 15,000 – 140,000 BTUh
- Flow rate: 0.5 – 6.6 gpm
- Gas-line connection: ¾-inch
NRC711: Offering temperature settings from 100°F to 140°F for two-bath residences, NRC711 (right) stresses high-efficiency and a lower carbon footprint. Consistent with the rest of the ecoTOUGH series of gas-fired condensing tankless water heaters, the NRC711 has an Energy Factor of 0.94 for both NG and LP, and is available in both indoor and outdoor units.
For the indoor direct-vent (DV) model, condensing technology permits venting with installer-friendly, three-inch PVC or CPVC pipe, which is less expensive than the Category III Stainless Steel venting required by conventional tankless units. The zero-clearance plastic piping enables longer vent runs – up to 62 linear feet – and therefore greater installation flexibility at a lower cost.
- Input range: 15,000 – 157,000 BTUh
- Flow rate: 0.5 – 6.6 gpm
- Gas-line connection: 3/4-inch
- Exhaust type: Direct vent (convertible to single-vent).
The NR501, NR662 and NRC711 models also include the following important features:
- Low minimum input of only 15,000 BTUh, which is perfect for warm weather climates because it allows the unit to receive incoming water that is already warm.
- Accessible technical data sheet: To assist both installers and service technicians, Noritz has located the Technical Data Sheet, showing all the error codes and their respective solutions, right inside the unit’s front cover. “The trades person no longer needs to call Noritz,” comments Fleming. “The troubleshooting solutions are right at his fingertips.”
Equipped with the advanced technology of the fully modulating, low-NOx Eco-Burner™ with a nitrogen-oxide emissions level of 20 parts per million, the NR501, NR662 and NRC711 fully comply with the new South Coast Air Quality Management District regulations. The Eco-Burner delivers superior temperature control, eliminating the need for a buffer tank to stabilize the temperature. This, in turn, removes another potential source of standby heat loss, thus maintaining system efficiency.
All three models carry a 12-year warranty on the heat exchanger and five years on all parts.
Join the conversation: