Atlanta — A manual to help users navigate the changes in ASHRAE’s 2016 ventilation standard is now available.
The User’s Manual for ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2016, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, provides information on the requirements of the standard and includes tables, illustrations and examples to aid users in designing, installing and operating systems for ventilation in buildings.
“The manual elaborates on the requirements in the standard published earlier this year,” Hoy Bohanon, chair of the Standard 62.1 committee, said. “The standard contained changes that impact high rise residential spaces, the indoor air quality procedure, laboratory exhaust and demand control ventilation. The manual provides guidance on how to incorporate those changes and others.”
The manual also contains:
• Information on the intent and application of Standard 62.1
• Sample calculations and examples
• Best practices examples complying with the requirements of this version of Standard 62.1
• Useful reference materials
• Guidance for building operation and maintenance personnel
• Instructions for the user in the application of tools used for compliance with Standard 62.1
Also included is a link to newly revised web-based spreadsheets that aid in ventilation rate procedure calculations.
The cost of Standard 62.1-2016 User’s Manual is $80, ASHRAE members ($95, non-members). To order, visit www.ashrae.org/bookstore or contact ASHRAE Customer Contact Center at 1-800-527-4723 (United States and Canada) or 404-636-8400 (worldwide) or fax 678-539-2129.