The new Ingersoll Rand® W5133P-C1D2 3/8″ Compact Impact Wrench is the first cordless impact wrench on the market certified for Class 1, Division 2 applications. Operators working in heavy equipment, infrastructure construction, oil and gas, petrochemical and mining rely on the W5133P-C1D2 impact wrench for power and durability in tough, hazardous environments. The tool delivers 550 foot-pounds of nut-busting torque and 365 foot-pounds of max reverse torque.
The W5133P-C1D2 impact wrench conforms to UL® and CSA Group® standards for use in areas where flammable gases, vapors or liquids are present under normal conditions. The following are safety features of the Ingersoll Rand W5133P-C1D2:
- The retention cage holds the battery in place to reduce the risk of sparks
- A pin anvil holds the socket securely on the tool to keep it from dislodging while in use
- The variable-speed switch and electronic brake increase control while using the tool
- The safety-release prevents the drive from spinning when the operator lets go of the trigger
The W5133P-C1D2 impact wrench weighs 5.5 pounds. The tool is available with a 3/8″ or 1/2″ square drive. It has an all-metal drivetrain and hammer mechanism, so operators have the power they need without adding extra weight to the tool.
The tool is 7″ long and has a tapered front end for greater access in cramped spaces. The Chip-on-Board LED task light has four dimmable settings. The 360-degree ring of light eliminates shadows in the area that needs servicing.
The Ingersoll Rand W5133P-C1D2 has four power modes that operate at max reverse torque, so operators don’t need to switch settings or tools for different tasks. The four modes for forward control include:
- Max Power: The max power setting reaches 280 foot-pounds of torque, so technicians do not have to switch tools when tightening bolts.
- Mid Power: This setting tightens fasteners at up to 230 foot-pounds of torque for tasks that don’t require max torque speeds.
- Wrench Tight: Instead of changing to a hand wrench, operators can use the wrench tight setting to tighten fasteners at 10-to-24 foot-pounds of torque. In this setting, the tool automatically shuts off so that bolts are not over-torqued.
- Hand Tight: The hand tight setting turns slowly, creating a snug fit for light tasks at two to nine foot-pounds of torque. When the tool reaches the point of impact, it shuts off to avoid over-torqued fasteners.
The Ingersoll Rand W5133P-C1D2 withstands repeated drops and exposure to harsh fluids. The chemical-resistant composite housing and patented steel-reinforced frame increase durability. The spark-free brushless technology and reinforced bushing increase the lifespan of the motor.
To learn more about the Ingersoll Rand W5133P-C1D2 3/8″ Compact Impact Wrench, visit www.IRTools.com/W5133.