LANCASTER, PA — Last month, U.S. Boilers celebrated the grand opening of its Engineering & Technology Center. The U.S. Boiler Engineering Staff actually moved into their new facility in September, 2015.
The new facility will provide the Engineering Department with additional space to house a growing staff which recently doubled in size, and will also offer greater flexibility and capability for efficiency and operational testing of home heating boilers in a state-of-the-art laboratory. Overall, the 20,000-sq-ft. facility effectively triples the size available to the U.S. Boiler’s Engineering team, and will be able to support future department expansion.
Facility at a Glance
• 20,000 sq. ft. facility provides room to grow
• 10 full function test cells
• Cycle Test Lab reliability testing
• Each Test Cell has independent gas and water control
• Closed loop test bays eliminate water waste
• Data acquisition equipment streamlines data collection and
• Controls Lab dedicated to system control development
• More space, less congestion
• Three tier safety interlocks in case of emergencies
In addition, on December 10th 2015, Ed Johann, Chief Engineer of Product Development for U.S. Boiler Company was recognized with an Award of Excellence for outstanding performance and a long-lasting contribution to the success of the U.S. Boiler’s Engineering Department. Johann was instrumental in the design and construction of U.S. Boiler’s new Engineering and Technology Center, which began operations in September 2015.
“Ed has worked in the hydronics industry for over three decades in a variety of technical and management roles,” said Paul Spradling, President of U.S. Boiler Company. “His contributions to our company have been instrumental for our continued growth and success, and his contributions to our industry as a whole represent an ongoing legacy of excellence.”