A 2016 “Colorado Companies to Watch” winner, Sunshine Plumbing Heating Air, Denver, excels in plumbing and hydronic installations. Since 2006, the company has been fulfilling all the HVAC and plumbing needs of its customers, striving for 100% satisfaction.
Case in point: William Frew, Owner/Vice President Sunshine Plumbing Heating Air received a no-heat call at Brian Todd’s rental home, an 825-sq.-ft. starter home in Brighton, Colo. Sunshine sent out some of its fastest rising stars: Under the brilliant guidance and watchful eye lead tech Lorenzo DeNigris, Frank Samsel, trained by the PHCC apprentice school in Pennsylvania, and Michael Arneson, who started as a young helper and has excelled in the trade, went to the Todd home to investigate.
When the three arrived at the residence they found the old, original boiler—located in a mechanical closet with no fresh air in the basement—was in disrepair and needed immediate attention, and replacement.
With the help of manufacturer’s rep HSI, Denver, Sunshine selected the Dunkirk DXL 125 cast iron boiler due to its durability and longevity. The hydronic installation includes a Taco 007 circulator, three Honeywell ¾ sweat zone valves (V4043) with a Taco 3-zone valve controller (TZV403) to separate the upstairs, downstairs and bedroom through copper fin baseboard heat. In addition, they opened up the room to allow fresh air and light.
“There are three critical things to consider when selecting a boiler in our area. 1) Are there local manufacturer reps? 2) Can another plumber work on this, if needed? And 3) Are parts readily available? The answer is yes to all three. In fact, the Dunkirk cast iron boiler is one of the most popular boilers in the area,” says Frew.
For more on Sunshine Plumbing Heating Air, http://mechanical-hub.com/sites/hydronics/boiler-tankless-install-solves-homeowners-hot-water-concerns/
Dunkirk DXL Series Boilers
Up to 83.5% AFUE Gas Fired Hot Water Boiler
- Dependable Cast Iron Heat Exchanger with Cast Iron Push Nipples. The Sections and Push Nipples expand at the same rate when heated. By using similar materials instead of less expensive gaskets the boiler maintains a water tight seal over time.
- Advanced Fuel Smart Hydrostat Control: 3 Functions in 1 Control
– Temperature limit with LED display and easy dial settings. Diagnostic and function indicator lights.
– Low Water Cut-Off (LWCO), protects the boiler from damaging low water conditions.
– Boiler Reset, lowers the boiler temperature to save fuel by turning on the burner only when needed. Setup is quick with no need to install an outdoor sensor; just dial in the number of heating zones.
- Atmospheric Chimney Vent Boiler with Integral Draft Diverter. The Integral Draft Hood reduces the overall height and footprint of the boiler making it ideal for low clearance/space limited installations.
- Cast to Last Warranty
– 20 year non-prorated limited warranty