Want to peek into the future of HVACR? Looking for ways to reduce labor, save on energy costs or be more eco-friendly? You can see it all next week at the 2018 AHR Expo (International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition).
If you haven’t registered yet, it’s not too late! The 2018 AHR Expo will be held Jan. 22-24, 2018 at McCormick Place in Chicago. Register now at the AHR Expo registration website.
With 2,100+ exhibitors unveiling hundreds of new and upgraded products and technologies for the HVACR industry, it’s impossible to list them all. But here is a sample of the impressive variety of new and innovative solutions you can explore at the AHR Expo.
- VFDs (variable frequency drives) for HVAC applications—specifically designed for building automation applications, helping minimize energy costs and maximizing occupant comfort
- Upgraded Wi-Fi-connected thermostat technology that allows for control via iOS or Android apps, plus email notifications and advanced voice control
- A digitally controlled mixing valve that provides fast, accurate temperature control for domestic hot water applications
- New bionic impeller technology with a special blade design, modeled after the tubercles on a whale to ensure an optimized airflow angle and reduced flow separation on the blade surface
- A self-contained HVAC system for hazardous locations, designed to prevent an explosion by using only non-arcing components installed in a small, light increased safety enclosure
- An oscilloscope for testing motor shaft voltages, allowing contractors to determine if motors are at risk of premature bearing failure due to bearing currents
- New electrical test meter technology for reliable, true-RMS measurements in crowded junction boxes or along conductors with inaccessible ends points, saving time, minimizing potential errors, and greatly reducing the possibility of arc flash
- Software that allows engineers and designers to create air systems including both air handlers and rooftop units, including the tools to design complex hydronic, steam, plumbing and VRF (variable refrigerant flow) systems along with control schematics
- An array of tools, including heavy-duty wire strippers built with the durability of pliers and the sharpness and precision of a wire stripper; thermal imaging technology with Wi-Fi that uses a slim IR camera with an integrated touch-screen; a handheld particle counter for indoor air quality investigations; and a copper line cleaning tool that removes contaminants from existing refrigeration and air conditioning lines
Whether you are a product designer, engineer, architect, installer, contractor or plant or building manager, the Show will provide you with a unique forum to share ideas with your peers, learn from industry experts, discover new products and find solutions to technical problems.
From complete systems engineered for large commercial and industrial buildings to labor-saving tools and profit-generating services for residential contractors, the AHR Expo will address the needs of every segment of the HVACR industry. A comprehensive, searchable directory of exhibitors and product categories is available at ahrexpo.com.
For other good reasons to attend, check out our article on the 120 free seminars, certifications and continuing education courses available from AHRAE as well as exhibitors at the Show.
The event is just days away, so make your plans now for the 2018 AHR Expo. We look forward to seeing you there.