Downers Grove, Ill. — Grundfos announced that its SEG grinder pumps and packaged lift stations, which made their debut at WEFTEC 2013, are stocked and ready for sale in North America.
Grundfos has paired its newly introduced submersible SEG grinder pumps with its lift stations to produce a packaged system for collecting and transferring wastewater from buildings, industrial applications, municipal pressurized sewage systems and remote areas.
“We know our customers need a high-quality packaged lift station that is reliable and easy to install and maintain,” noted Thomas Morrison, Grundfos water utility sales and business development director for North America. “This is exactly what is behind our lift stations – a packaged concept from a single vendor that includes pumps, controls, piping, valves and a unique tank design.”
The SEG pumps transfer wastewater in pressurized systems and applications with relatively little flow and high pressure and feature the following benefits:
1. Unique cable plug. SEG pumps feature a simple cable connection to the motor via a cable plug that is filled with a two-component compound, resulting in a hermetically sealed cable entry.
2. Cartridge shaft seal system. The system has less impeller vibration and an increased shaft seal and ball bearing lifetime.
3. Grinder system and SmartTrim. The even more efficient grinder system with easily replaceable parts reduces downtime and facilitates quick and easy maintenance. The unique SmartTrim impeller adjustment system ensures constant and optimum performance.
To complement its range of wastewater pumps, Grundfos developed a complete, ready-to-install lift station package designed with a polyethylene tank, stainless steel piping and valves and controllers and has the following features:
1. Modular concept. The Lift Stations are designed as a modular concept and are available in a variety of sizes, including three standard sump diameters 32-, 40- and 48-inches and four standard depths for either simplex or duplex pump installation.
2. Corrosion-free materials. Grundfos Lift Stations are made from corrosion–free materials making the units service friendly and reliable.
3. A unique Grundfos design. The sump diameter is around eight inches larger than the actual diameter of the well to prevent push up, eliminating the need for a concrete base plate. The design of the sump limits sludge and obnoxious smells.