The new Gen-Eye Hot Spot™ Transmitter from General Pipe Cleaners makes pipe and utility locating easier than ever. The fully loaded 5-watt transmitter features four trace frequencies, and an LCD graphic display that indicates line resistance and current flow. Increased power provides more signal to locate with four line trace frequencies: 1KHz, 8KHz, 33KHz or 65KHz. Users can select the frequency and power that best suits their applications. Superior battery life keeps the unit operating for as long as 100 hours, which is more than twice as long as other brands. The selectable automatic shutdown feature saves power as well.
The Hot Spot graphic display with auto backlight indicates battery level, output level, USB connection, connectivity, type of transmission (induction, direct connect leads, or clamp) and active frequencies. The menu-based system allows users to configure the transmitter according to their needs and allows users to switch between a simple display or the advanced display to monitor milliamps, watts, ohms and volts.
The transmitter keeps track of hour count, software version, configuration date and calibration date. The transmitter can easily be upgraded to the latest software updates online using the built-in USB connection. Optimal frequencies for the area can be configured for each unit, then users can activate only the frequencies most suited to the particular jobsite. The unit includes shoulder strap for easy transport, 10-foot cables and ground stake.
Gen-Eye Hot Spot Transmitter features include:
· More power. Powerful 5-watt output, with five output levels makes locating utilities easier.
· Expanded frequencies. Locates with four line frequencies, 1KHz, 8KHz, 33KHz and 65KHz (65KHz at 1 watt max).
· Simple, menu-based user interface. No need for multiple screens. Easy-to-access menus make it easier to use than other models.
· Easy-to-read display. Icons indicate a quality connection and power settings. Auto backlight allows for locating in dimly lit areas.
· Superior battery life. Lasts approximately 100 hours, more than twice as long as other brands. Automatic shutdown feature saves power.
· Upgradeable software. The USB port can be used to upgrade software in the field or for a screen capture.
“The Gen-Eye Hot Spot Transmitter provides the power and versatility to make utility line locating easier, faster and more productive,” said Marty Silverman, vice president of marketing, General Pipe Cleaners. “That means more profitability for your business.”
For more information on the complete line of camera inspection systems from General Pipe Cleaners, visit: www.drainbrain.com/geneye.